Thursday, May 17, 2018

Why I'm Not Answering Your Calls


Has anybody had any problems contacting me by phone recently? I have to ask because I know I haven’t been quite as contactable as usual. Not that it’s out of choice, and I’m still reachable by text, email, through the website and other computer based ways - thankfully. Why not by phone though you might ask, well… primarily because for months now I’ve been inundated with phone calls from all kinds of foreigners eager to tell me how they can improve my life if only I sign up with them! I rarely hang up on people, lie or even avoid calls (especially since much of our business is done over the phone) but it seems like it’s become the only way to go.

The funny thing is though that these generous, friendly people are all trying to inform me about the same thing – the federal government’s new offer on solar energy. Of course, I agree with solar energy (especially in a country with so much sun) but don’t you agree, it’s a bit difficult to collect any when you don’t have a roof or even anywhere to put a panel? I find it all rather ironic really – considering our lifestyle and our effort to be gentler on the world.

On top of all this, ‘nomadic’ doesn’t seem to be a word in everyone’s vocabulary - not even in the form of ‘Digital Nomad’! (I don’t like to say we’re ‘homeless’ because that has so many other inferences.) I’ve tried saying ‘we are renting,’ even ‘we have no roof,’ and, in fact, just about everything between, but I’m still getting numerous calls a week from unknown mobile phones and locations all over the world. Some hang up on me, of course, but others just keep pushing unable to understand what I’m trying to say.

Isn’t it a shame that some things in the world can be so desperate?

Anyway, that’s not really the point of this post… unless by chance you have the perfect solution for me in the form of what to say or do.

No, basically I just wanted to say, if you should phone me and not get through on the first call, please call back immediately or try a different form of communication – I promise you we are still here and I’m not really trying to ignore you.


~~~

We would really love to know your thoughts on this blog post. So if you'd like to leave a comment please click on the word 'Comment' below, type what you have to say in the box that appears and then click on the 'Publish' button. 

~~~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. So please leave a comment.

You can also check us out at our website - Housesittinglife.com