Thursday, October 20, 2016

One Bag Or Two?


There’s no two ways about it… if you’re living out of your car, you have to put a whole load of thought in to what clothes you pack.

For Steve it wasn’t a particularly tough job selecting - he’s always been a jeans and T-shirt kind of guy. For me it was a little tougher, primarily, I think, because I’m a girl(!) and due to the fact that it’s kind of hard to pick the right clothes when you don’t know exactly what you’re going to be doing or where you’re going to be living. I mean, will I be going anywhere that requires a dress and high heels, or will I always be able to get away with jeans and boots? Plus, of course, if you don’t know where you’re going to be, then how do you know if it’s going to be hot or cold? To say nothing of if you don’t know what you’re going to be doing… And so the list goes on.

In the end though, I picked clothes that didn’t need ironing, a selection of everything (including a good choice of jeans, comfy tops and thermals) and reassured myself with the knowledge that if I got caught out most towns had a good Op shop. 

But there was one thing that didn’t cross my mind - at all - and yet now I’m constantly aware of the oversight… and rarely with a smile! 

Any ideas of what it was? Please tell me I’m not the only one? 

Animal hair! 

I can’t believe I didn’t think of it!

So, if you’re planning on becoming a house-sitter and in the process of packing your bags, please remember that 90% of house-sits include caring for animals, which will therefore include lots of stroking and cuddling, and... for some strange reason... pets are always moulting. 

So... avoid packing anything that’s black or that picks up hair… and that’s just as a starter. But it does lessen the clothes to pick from and therefore makes the task easier, so who’s complaining? 

But how could I have overlooked it… really?


2 comments:

  1. A home is not a home without being covered in pet hair and of course its also an extra layer of warmth.
    Louise and Dorrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now those are the words of a true animal lover :-) might also be why we never noticed the hairs before - just maybe.

      Delete

We would love to hear from you. So please leave a comment.

You can also check us out at our website - Housesittinglife.com